Steve Pearce and Orioles settle arbitration case for $3.7 million

MurphDogg

And then there were three...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles down to three arb cases. Steve Pearce has settled.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">January 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Pearce had filed for Pearce $5.4 million and Os countered at $2 million. Settlement should be near but not quite $4M</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

Right at the midpoint.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Pearce agrees at about $3.7M which was midpoint</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

I had no idea which way this was going to go. Midpoint seems safe.

And then there were three...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles down to three arb cases. Steve Pearce has settled.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Pearce had filed for Pearce $5.4 million and Os countered at $2 million. Settlement should be near but not quite $4M</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

Outstanding. Life Changing Money.

Right at the midpoint.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Pearce agrees at about $3.7M which was midpoint</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

I had no idea which way this was going to go. Midpoint seems safe.

I think the O's would have won.

Would rather not have the acrimony these things generate.

Most likely candidate left. Not much of a gulf but with a super 2 every dollar counts twice.

Buck should have used the two run save rule.

I know Buck is Teflon and all, but he would still take some crap if someone other than Britton blew a three run save when Britton has an ERA well under two. I completely agree that it is the right move, but I'm not sure that Buck would make it.

I know Buck is Teflon and all, but he would still take some crap if someone other than Britton blew a three run save when Britton has an ERA well under two. I completely agree that it is the right move, but I'm not sure that Buck would make it.

He just would have spouted some nonsense about not believing in the save rule. :P

And yes, it is obvious that Buck won't do it (neither will any other current manager).

He just would have spouted some nonsense about not believing in the save rule. :P

And yes, it is obvious that Buck won't do it (neither will any other current manager).

I wish managers made more sensible decisions but as long as there are talking heads to rile up the masses, stasis will dominate. Britton pitched three consecutive twice last year. The first time he blew a one-run save, 1 of his 4 blown saves on the year. The second time, he converted a three run save. I wonder whether Buck considered having Tommy Hunter slam the door in that July 3rd game.

Well it wasn't Pearce.

Who won't settle?

Roch thinks it will be De Aza.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>De Aza, 1 of the 3 unsigned, submitted $5.650 million and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> countered at $5 million. Small gap but he's most likely to go to hearing</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

I think he is the most likely to win, even his requested amount came well under MLBTR's projection.

Archived